When can I schedule a site visit to Washington Estate?
Our office hours are Monday through Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. You may call at any time during those hours. If you need to contact us after business hours please feel free to leave a message and a Marketing Representative will return your call as soon as possible. We strongly suggest that you call and make an appointment if you plan to visit. You may schedule an appointment by calling us at 404-707-0710
How do I get to Washington Estate?
Washington Estate is approximately twenty miles from downtown Atlanta.
The address 10450 Belladrum Alpharetta, Georgia 30022.
*Access off I75/85 from 85 to GA-400-TOLL N. *GA-400-TOLL N Becomes Ga-400 N/US-19 N *Merge onto Holcomb Bridge Rd/Ga-140 E via exit 7A toward Norcross *Turn left onto Old Alabama Road *Turn left onto Nesbit Ferry Road *Nesbit Ferry Road becomes Old Alabama Road *Turn left onto Jones Bridge Road *Turn right onto Buice Road *Take the 1st left onto Candacraig *Take the 2nd left onto Belladrum *10450 Belladrum will be on your left.
Does Washington Estate have space for both the wedding ceremony and the wedding reception?
Yes. There are several spaces where your event can be held indoors and outdoors: We recommend for the wedding ceremony to take place over the lake on the green and the wedding reception poolside. There is space throughout the main level and the basement area of the venue to hold your special event.
What are Washington Estate’s rental fees and what is included in the rental fee?
Washington Estate rents for a block of time depending on the day, time and month of your event. The block of time rented includes the set up, the event and the take down/clean up. For specific information, go to the fee schedule.
Included with the rental fee is the use of the Red Cellar/Foyer area(s), the green over the lake, poolside, the main level (with the exclusion of some private/restricted areas) and the basement. An event attendant is on site during the event.
If the wedding ceremony is at Washington Estate, a ceremony fee of $500 gives an extra hour of event time, a one- hour rehearsal the day before and a room for the bride to change in.
How can I check on availability?
You can contact us by email or please check the availablilty tab on our site.
How can I secure a date for rental of Washington Estate?
To secure a date at Washington Estate, we require the completion of a Rental and Deposit Agreement and a deposit of one-half of the base rental fee. The deposit is non-refundable.
What forms of payment does Washington Estate accept?
Washington Estate accepts personal and business checks and cash. We do not accept credit cards.
What are the time restrictions at Washington Estate?
Washington Estate must be closed by 10:00 p.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights and by 9:00 p.m. Sunday through Thursday
How many people can Washington Estate accommodate?
Washington Estate can accommodate up to 250 for an event. The optimal size event is between 100 and 200 people.
Does Washington Estate require use of its preferred caterer?
Yes. Washington Estate exclusively uses Montgomery Foods Catering for all on-site catering. Contact information is www.montgomeryfoodscatering.com 404-992-3000. Please call for an appointment.
What is the alcohol policy at Washington Estate?
Washington Estate does not have a liquor license.
Alcoholic beverages dispensed at no charge to event guests do not require licensing. You may bring your own alcoholic beverages to Washington Estate.
If you anticipate a cash bar, please call Washington Estate for further information as there are stipulations that apply.
Does Washington Estate have a sound policy?
Yes. The maximum decibel allowance, measured from the mezzanine, is an average of 90 decibels as measured by our Washington Estate attendant.
How loud is 90 decibels?
90 decibels allows for a good dance level and comfortable socializing for guests. Experts believe that prolonged exposure to sounds above 85 decibels without any protection can damage your hearing.
Is Washington Estate heated and air conditioned?
Yes, we are fully climate controlled.
Can I tent the green or the pool area?
Yes. The maximum allowable tent size is 30 feet by 50 feet.
Does Washington Estate provide security during events?
Yes. Washington Estate requires a security officer if any alcoholic beverage is served during the event and/or for all parties of 150 or more guests. Washington Estate provides the security officer and the cost is passed on to the Client.
Does Washington Estate have non-profit rates?
Yes. Non-profit rates are available to 501(c) (3) organizations. Please call Washington Estate for more information.
- All publicity concerning Washington Estate, other than incidental directions for an event must be cleared through and approved by the Director of Washington Estate.
- No debris may be thrown inside or outside the venue, patio, lawn or pool areas.
- All functions and clean-up are to end at the contracted time. On week nights the venue must be cleaned and closed by 10:00 p.m. On Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays the building must be cleaned and closed by 9:00 p.m.
- Excessively loud sound (music and/or speech) is not permitted at Washington Estate due to our proximity to local residents. Amplified sound must be kept at or below 90 decibels. Infraction of this rule may result in full retention of the security deposit. Please discuss the rules listed on the last page of these regulations with your music vendor.
- Alcohol Policy:
- Lessee assumes any and all responsibility and liability for full compliance with all federal, state and/or local laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to serving and consuming alcohol dispensed and/or consumed during an event held on the premises of Washington Estate.
- Lessee shall be responsible for obtaining any and all required licenses, permits, and insurance which authorize Lessee to legally serve alcohol on the premises and insurance adequate to protect and indemnify the Lessor under the terms of this Policy.
- Lessee agrees to indemnify and hold Lessor, any and all Lessor’s employees, workers and Board of Directors harmless from and defend them against any and all liability and/or responsibility related to alcohol being or having been served or consumed on the premises, whether for events occurring on the immediate premises or elsewhere during an event.
- NOTE: Alcoholic beverages dispensed at no charge to event guests do not require licensing.
- Absolutely nothing is to be nailed, stapled, taped, glued or otherwise affixed to the walls, doors, floors or rafters in any area of the venue. Nothing may be tied, attached to or interfere with the light fixtures.
- Smokers must smoke outdoors and use the urns located on the patio for their ashes and cigarette butts, not the floor, patio or grounds. An extra cleaning charge will be imposed if cigarette butts are found on the patio or on the grounds.
- Rice, confetti and artificial flower petals may not be thrown in or around the building or grounds. Birdseed may be thrown in the breezeway area but not anywhere near the pool area.
- All candles must be table top and have protective covers. No candles may be set on any other surface inside or outside the venue.
- Windows and doors of Washington Estate must remain closed if the HVAC system is in use and/or if amplified music is being played.
- Children MUST BE under supervision of adults at all times and may not play on the lawn or in the garden area.
- Washington Estate is not responsible for any items left by rental companies, guests of the Lessee or the Lessee. Items left behind are generally held for (1) one week before being permanently disposed.
- Event set-up and break-down is the responsibility of the Lessee’s professional service (for example: an event planner or event decorating service). The building and grounds must be left clean. Washington Estate personnel are not responsible for set up or break down.
- All cleaning and removal of rented equipment must be within the scheduled time of usage unless special arrangements have been agreed to by the Director of Washington Estate. A charge of no less than $200 will be deducted from the security deposit if it is necessary for Washington Estate personnel to remove set-ups or do additional clean-up.
- Lessee is responsible for delivery and pick up of rental furnishings or equipment not rented from Washington Estate. All rental equipment must be stacked neatly in the garage parking area for pick-up by the rental company the same day, or as arranged for on the following workday.
- Formal aspects of programs outside, such as weddings, are restricted to the breezeway, the green over the lake and poolside areas. No furnishings may be placed on the lawn and no games may be played on the lawn. Informal activities such as photography, etc., are allowed on the lawn. Patio furnishing (benches, cigarette urns, signs, potted plants, etc.) MAY NOT be moved from their locations for any reason.
- Any permanent disfigurement of the patio, bricks or stairs and/or the main or basement hall floors through spillage; marking left by candle wax spills, crayons, paint and etc; and/or gouging will result in charges to the Lessee for repairs. This does not include normal food and beverage spillages and furniture wear. Extensive stains on the basement carpet will bring added charges.
- Tent set-ups are restricted to the brick patio are and must be at the minimum ten (10) feet from the building. The maximum allowable tent size is 30’x50’. The City requires permitting of tents larger than 10’x10’. Tents must be weighted down. No stakes are allowed.
- Spontaneous parties after the close of an event are not allowed on Washington Estate grounds or in the street. Lessee or a designated person must remain on site until all guests have departed the premises. Event “parties” whether during or after the event that are disruptive to the neighborhood may result in forfeiture of Lessee’s security deposit.
- We charge $25 for each piece of gum we must remove the Washington Estate patio or grounds.
- Parking is available on both sides of Belladrum. DO NOT block driveways.
- There are fifteen (15) on-site parking spaces in Washington Estate parking lot. NO other vehicles are allowed to park at the main entrance.
- Washington Estate is not responsible for any damages to parked vehicles. The security officer employed for the event will patrol street parking during for event.
- Buses hired to transport guests to and from Washington Estate are not allowed to leave motors running while parked anywhere in the view of Washington Estate.
- Any failure to adhere to these Regulations or any activity which results in damage beyond normal wear and tear, added labor costs to Washington Estate staff, maintenance or cleaning personnel or that adversely affects Washington Estate operation, may result in a penalty charge against the security deposit.
- The signed lease agreement and completed payment, including rental furnishings, must be received by Washington Estate 30 days prior to an event.